The North Central Kansas Medical Center was dedicated in October 2022. Construction of the facility began in early 2020 along College Drive in Concordia, Kansas. Formally known as Cloud County Health Center, North Central Kansas Medical Center is a critical access hospital and an affiliate of Salina Regional Health Center. Our rich history started with the Sisters of St. Joseph when they established the hospital in 1903. The following timeline outlines the history of our hospital in Cloud County:
- 1903- The Sisters of St. Joseph established the hospital on 5th Street in Concordia. This is now the Manna House of Prayer.
- 1949- Inadequacy of space forced the Sisters to start construction of a new building.
- 1951- The new, completely modern, 150-bed hospital was dedicated on March 6, and was located at 1100 Highland Drive in Concordia.
- 1985- Ownership of the hospital was transferred to the Sisters of St. Joseph in Wichita.
- 1995- Ownership was transferred to Salina Regional Health Center.
- 2003- The hospital became a stand-alone non-profit facility, Cloud County Health Center.
- 2016- Cloud County Health Center formed an affiliation with Salina Regional Health Center with the goal of improving patient care in the region by better coordinating services between the two hospitals.
- 2019- A working group of community members helped assess the need for a new facility. This group recommended a new hospital and encouraged a funding solution that was not tax-payer funded.
- 2021- The community broke ground on the new North Central Kansas Medical Center. The 82,000 sq. ft. facility would provide all of the services of Cloud County Health Center with the addition of a permanent MRI, a zero-entry therapy pool, and a dedicated women's suite in radiology.
- 2022- North Central Kansas Medical Center, a 14 bed facility, welcomed its first patients. The old hospital located on Highland Drive will be demolished and the hospital plans to donate the land to the City of Concordia to fulfill housing needs for the community.