2022 Health Fair to take place at the New North Central Kansas Medical Center November 12
Published Nov. 2, 2022
The North Central Kansas Medical Center is hosting the 2022 Health Fair on Saturday, November 12 in the lower level conference rooms at its new location, 155 West College Drive, Concordia.
Participants will be able to choose from the following lab screening tests:
- $40- CBC, CMP, Lipid Profile, TSH
- (CBC) Complete Blood Count -White Blood Count, Red Blood Count, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, and Platelet Count
- (CMP) Complete Metabolic Profile- Calcuim, Glucose, BUN, BUN:Creatinine Ratio, Creatinine, Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, CO2, Total Protein, Albumin: Globulin Ratio, Albumin, Total Bilirubin, ALP, AST, and ALT; Gives an overview of kidney function, dehydration, electrolyte balance, liver enzymes, diagnosis of Diabetes, and nutritional status as well as many other diseases or health issues.
- Lipid Profile- Cholesterol, Triglycerides, High Density Lipoprotein (HDL:Good), Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL:Bad); Helps in assessing the risk of heart disease
- TSH- Evaluates the thyroid function
- $15- PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)- Early detection of prostate cancer and other prostate diseases
- $10 – Hemoglobin A1c (Diabetic testing)- Assesses glucose control over a three-month period, especially in Diabetics
- $35- Vitamin D Level- Plays a role in calcium homeostasis and the maintenance of healthy bones.
“We are pleased to offer the Health Fair in our new facility,” said Melissa Cash, Director of Lab. “As a reminder, please do not eat or drink for 10-12 hours prior to getting lab drawn. Water and medications are allowed. Please park in the lower level parking lot of the new hospital and enter by the café.”
The Health Fair will begin at 6:00am and conclude at 10:30am. Participants must schedule an appointment by calling 785-243-1234. Cash and check are the only form of payment accepted.