2023 Community Health Fair Welcomes Vendors and Participants
Published Aug. 31, 2023
The North Central Kansas Medical Center is hosting the 2023 Health Fair on Saturday, October 14 in the lower level conference rooms from 6:00am-10:30am.
“This year, we are welcoming back vendors,” said Ali Slate, Director of Organizational Development. “There will be flu shots and other immunizations provided by the Cloud County Health Department. Our local EMS and Fire will be performing car seat checks too.” Health and wellness vendors are encouraged to contact Slate to reserve a booth before October 1 by calling 785-243-1234.
Participants in the health fair will be able to choose from the following lab screening tests:
- $45- CBC, CMP, Lipid Profile, TSH
- (CBC) Complete Blood Count -White Blood Count, Red Blood Count, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, and Platelet Count
- (CMP) Complete Metabolic Profile- Calcium, Glucose, BUN, BUN: Creatinine Ratio, Creatinine, Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, CO2, Total Protein, Albumin: Globulin Ratio, Albumin, Total Bilirubin, ALP, AST, and ALT; Gives an overview of kidney function, dehydration, electrolyte balance, liver enzymes, diagnosis of Diabetes, and nutritional status as well as many other diseases or health issues.
- Lipid Profile- Cholesterol, Triglycerides, High Density Lipoprotein (HDL:Good), Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL:Bad); Helps in assessing the risk of heart disease
- TSH- Evaluates the thyroid function
- $20- PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)- Early detection of prostate cancer and other prostate diseases
- $15 – Hemoglobin A1c (Diabetic testing)- Assesses glucose control over a three-month period, especially in Diabetics
- $40- Vitamin D Level- Plays a role in calcium homeostasis and the maintenance of healthy bones.
Melissa Cash, Director of Lab, reminds participants to fast “As a reminder, please do not eat or drink for 10-12 hours prior to getting lab drawn. Water and medications are allowed.”
Participants must schedule an appointment by calling 785-243-1234. Cash and check are the only form of payment accepted.